Change of Season Soup Stock | BLUEBERRYJAMS
Change of Season Soup Stock
An Adaptogenic Soup Stock Blend with astragalus root, codonopsis root, goji berries, chinese wild yam, red dates, + maitake, shitake, and reishi mushrooms.
Recipe: There are two general ways you can use the mix. 1) Make a chicken or veggie stock with them and 2) Boil them in stock while making soup & remove the herbs. I have mostly done the former as I find the act of making soup stock to be a healing remedy in and of itself.
- Fill a large stock pot with 2-4L of water.
- Add soup mix (in a cheesecloth bag if you would like for easy removal).
- Add chicken carcass if desired.
- Add vegetables & spices according to taste. For example, add carrots, celery, onions, garlic, etc. If making soup option, add your veggies & grains.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2-4 hours as you would for stock making.
- Strain out herbs and bones.
Drink 1 cup per day for two weeks. Drink in a mug or use in meals.
This soup is a preventative immunity booster and should not be taken when running a fever.
The information found here is intended for educational purposes. It is not meant to replace advice from your practitioner. When using new herbal products, make sure that the ingredients are not contraindicated for any pre-existing medical condition nor medication that you are already taking. As well, when trying new herbs, start with small doses and always listen to your body.